I have been missing from the blogging scene for the past few months, since I was visiting India… And for the past few weeks, I have been trying to get out of the ‘I don’t want to cook’/’I cooked, but don’t feel like blogging, so let’s just eat it’ mode. Does that happen to you too?
To get back to blogging, I decided to keep it simple… Nothing too stressful, but decadent nonetheless. 😉 Chocolate Fudge. Perfect for those lazy days where you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen, but still want to whip up something delicious.
And it requires just 3 simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now. How much more easy can it get? 🙂
Easy Chocolate Fudge
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 can (14 oz)
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips – 12 oz
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Dried Cranberries (Optional) – 1/4 cup
- Line a 8 inch x 8 inch square baking pan with foil and keep it aside.
- Add the chocolate chips and condensed milk to a microwave safe bowl and microwave it till the chocolate chips melt and the resulting mixture is smooth. I would suggest microwaving for 30 seconds – 1 minute each time and mixing it to check, just to make sure you don’t over heat it.
- Once the chocolate chips have melted and mixture is smooth, add the vanilla extract and dried cranberries.
- Transfer this to the lined baking pan, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the fudge is firm.
- Remove the fudge from the foil and cut into equal sized pieces.
Nutrition Per Serving*: Calories – 183; Fat – 8 grams; Protein – 3 grams; Carbs – 28 grams; Fiber – 1 gram
- This fudge is on the sweeter side. If you fancy bitter-sweet chocolate, I would suggest substituting that for the semi-sweet chocolate used in this recipe.
- The nutrition per serving does not include the calories from dried cranberries.
- *Nutritional information from MyFitnessPal